Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend Wonders Pt. 1

The marathon I was training for in earlier posts here and here was on Saturday. We had a blast. Well, I actually didn't participate. You see, while I was in the midst of training I found something out about myself.
I am pregnant!!

So, you see. I didn't get to finish my training. I have been experiencing morning sickness for the past 6 weeks. All day, every day. Although, some days are better than others. I haven't made it to the gym to finish training.

But my friend Courtney did AMAZING in her half marathon!! She and her dad (which I am super proud of, too) finished their 13.1 miles in 1 hour 57 minutes. ROCK STARS!! Courtney's husband, Trey, ran the 5K I was supposed to have run. He did awesome too: 31 minutes!!

It was such a beautiful day! I'm glad the weather participated for them!

Now, as for me and my ailments. LOL

I am 11 weeks today. Our little bean is due November 1. We are SUPER excited about this blessing! I'm sorry I haven't told any of you sooner, but now we are just about out of the dreaded first trimester. So, I figured it'd be OK to let the cat out of the bag. (I don't really get that saying: cat out the bag. It's quite awful, putting a cat in a bag.... but that's another post... lol)

Stay tuned for pt. 2. :)

No comments: