Tuesday, January 19, 2010

weight-loss update

I haven't written much about my weight loss journey lately, well, because quite frankly there wasn't a weight loss journey being had. But, my friend has gotten me to rejoing the YMCA and go with her everyday. She is a big-time runner. In fact she is training for a half marathon in April... I am no where near being ready for a half marathon, but there is a 5K that same day. I will be training for the 5K... she thinks I will be ready for the half marathon, because she has faith in me and my diet and exercise. She's a peach, I'll tell ya. But, I was looking back on past posts about my weight loss... and I feel the same way I did here. I want to look like my senior prom pic again. So, here goes the start to my weight loss journey. I'll keep ya posted!!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Girl friend: We ALL have a picture that we want to look like again, trust me! But that is not realistic. I'm so proud you are exercising again. And, I'm sure you are watching what you eat. Just do both and don't have a goal weight that may be impossible to achieve (trust me, high school weight is ridiculous!). At least you are running...I'm going to be content to start walking!

AmyC said...

Don't focus on those past pictures. Take one day at a time. I have gained 25 pounds since mom died. Yes...I eat when I am stressed or unhappy. :) I am on a program now. I was pretty athletic in my younger years and I want to get back to that...or at least in that direction. I love to eat and cook, so here is what I am doing. I am counting my calories on an iphone app called loseit. It is awesome. I am also researching healthy cooking. I have always cooked pretty healthy, but I am doing even more. We have been eating like foodies around here on very few calories. I am using Weight Watchers cookbooks and the Cooking Light Way to Cook....It is AWESOME. Anyway, my goal is 20 lbs. by my 10th wedding Anniversary July 22, 2010. I will be posting updates on my blog and a few recipes. I tell you it is the way you cook not what you cook...we are eating like kings. Small portions, but very filling and satisfying. Keep up the good work and stay positive.