Thursday, January 21, 2010

She said WHAT?!?!?!?!?

So, my friend Courtney is such a huge inspiration to me. I've really been needing someone like her in my life. It's been a week of exercising and I feel great!!! I didn't think it was possible. I don't exercise quite the way they do on NBC's show The Biggest Loser. But, Courtney and I have been staying at the YMCA everyday for at least 3 hours.

Today, I ran 4.5 miles on an elliptical machine. Then swam 10 laps, treaded water for 10 minutes, and kicked for a while. Needless to say, I am exhausted. But, if I want a bikini body by summer, this is how I have to do it!! :) haha

I understand I may never look like my high school prom pic again, but I won't stop trying!! :)

I need to make myself start eating more healthy. My biggest downfall right now is that I am too tired after my workouts to cook; and the healthiest meals are cooked at home, when you know exactly what you are putting in it.

But, tonight... I think I will attempt this: Chicken Cacciatore (from this week's Biggest Loser episode!!)

It's nice to create goals for yourself when you are attempting a major lifestyle change. I have quite a bit of weight to lose, so I have created mini-goals within my major goal. My mini-goals are 20 pounds at a time.

A huge goal of mine; however, is to run a 5K in April. That is actually about 3 miles. Which, shouldn't be too hard for me right now, because I can do a solid 2.5 on the elliptical. I'm scared of the treadmill, but will try to do a little more on it each day. Today I did .5 miles at 3.7 mph. So, tomorrow I will try to do a little more a little faster. :) Let's hope I can do it!!

If I succeed at the 5K in April, I will train for a half marathon (13.1 miles) in October!! :) We'll see!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I am so glad you have an exercise friend. Keep up the good work!