Monday, March 9, 2009

Bad, bad Monday

They always say Monday is the worst day of the week. This week that statement holds true to me. 

Matt, my best friend from high school, had bad news when he got up this morning. His dad suffered a massive heart attack and died on the way to work this morning. 

News traveled fast. Our mutual friend, Telia, called me to let me know and I called Jeff, another good friend, right after. Apparently, Matt isn't doing too well. But of course, would you expect him to be doing good? I would be a basket case if I found out my dad died. I feel awful that I can't be there for Matt, but he knows that I am here. 

Second bad Monday affect: my mom's favorite boss ever died this weekend. She was really good friends with his daughter, and I used to be close to his granddaughter. 

Third bad Monday thing: I found out a friend from college, Kayla's mom, Lana, suffered a stroke a couple weeks ago. She's still being fed through an IV and is still not walking. The doctors don't know what caused the stroke and are still doing tests to find out the cause. Kayla has put college on hold to stay home and take care of her. 

Fourth thing: Honey-do came home from work worried about his job. His company is performing its first round of layoffs this week. :( Not the engineers yet, but the marketing, PR, HR, and call center positions. He said that if they don't pick up new products soon, the engineers could be next. :( That is scary for us. 

Hopefully, things will get better. All this and it's only 1 p.m. Surely, nothing else bad can happen today. 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sorry you have received so much bad news today.

Mandy said...

Found out Lana can walk with a walker and Kayla is still going to all of her classes.

Does Perry think his job is in jeopardy? That would suck for you guys!! :(