Friday, May 9, 2008

Writer's block...

I have had a case of writer's block for two weeks now. Which to some may not seem like that big of a deal, however, when you are an editor for a major livestock publication, with story deadlines quickly approaching... that's a bad, bad thing. My mind has lost all flows of creative juices to subjects I NEED to be writing about. Instead, I create limericks and short essays in my head about finding a new job, my teeth falling out, how to lose weight, when should we start to plan for a family, etc. 

Ahhh, babies. I have that on my mind a lot lately. My best friend and roommate from college, Mandy, is only three days away from having her baby! (I can officially say three days, because, if she hasn't gone into labor by Monday they will induce labor that morning!) And since little Hunter is about to be born, Honey-do and I have been talking baby for a while now! How exciting, right?!? 

Wrong. I am terrified! Mostly because I am the one that has to have said baby. I am the one who has a human being growing inside me for 9 months. I am the one who is responsible for having a healthy, bundle of joy. I don't think that will be possible if I am not healthy in the first place, right? 

So now my dieting and exercising is jumping into full speed mode. My goal is to lose a significant amount of weight before I get pregnant. Which, if I do my calculations correctly, stick to my plan, and as long as my body cooperates, it could be August/September!!!! WOW, right?

----
See how I get sidetracked very easily when I should be writing about Dust Control and Environmental Protection in Feedlots. I just can't get motivated. And that really stinks, because I am the type of writer who likes to have a solid intro/lead before I can write the rest of the story/feature. I want to make sure it starts out great before I bore you with all the details. :) 

If anyone has any suggestions on how to start talking about dust control, please let me know.... My job depends on it!

No comments: