Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Powell's day at the hospital

I had a small procedure done yesterday at the hospital. I had an anal fissure (basically a tear in my rectum) that my doctor had to surgically repair.

So, Perry and I got to the hospital yesterday at 12:30. Mind you I wasn't supposed to eat anything since midnight the night before... Perry had pancakes at like 9:30. So, I get taken back to the room to get into my hospital gown and checked out, then they bring Perry back. He gets to sit with me while they are giving the IV. Everything is going fine. He has to go back to the waiting room while they take me to the operating room. I remember all this, I remember being rolled down the hallway and into the or, being asked to roll over onto the table, the anesthesiologist putting the gas mask on. Then, I didn't know anything else had happened. I remember waking up in the recovery room. After I woke up the nurses checked my vitals and everything looked good, so they called Perry back. He came back and seemed just fine... then as the nurse told me I could get dressed, Perry started getting pale, and told me he didn't feel very well. He said he felt nauseus, sick. SO, he got up and was going to go find a bathroom... but didn't make it but two steps out of my room when he passed out and fell hard, hit his head on the floor (hard concrete). I started freaking out, trying to get to him as fast as I could, I was screaming and yelling for nurses... thank goodness we were in a hospital. They got to him quick and got him up into a chair, got him an ice pack, but noticed his head was bleeding a little bit, so they suggested he went to the ER to get checked over. By this time neither of us were very happy. lol I wanted to go with him, but I had just had surgery, so they weren't wanting to let me. Perry just wanted to get me home and in bed. So our nurses did everything they could to keep us updated on one another. They did an EKG, CT scan and sugar test on Perry. Everything turned out normal, except the EKG showed a slight abnormality, something about a ventricular block. They would like him to follow up with a cardiologist, but didn't seemed to worried because something like this had never happened before.

Now, aren't we a pretty couple?? LOL

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Good grief! Take care of each other!!!!

Mandy said...

Um...SERIOUSLY???? SCARY!

I hope you guys are doing alright now!

Did you find out what was wrong with Perry yet?