Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A session to complain, please forgive me

So I am in the need to gripe a little. More like cry. This has been the WORST Wednesday EVER. Let's start with me sleeping too late. I ran around like a chicken with no head this morning trying to get out the door in a fashionably late time. NOPE.

Then, get in the car and the tank is on EMPTY. I have to stop for gas now, putting me another 10 minutes behind. 

THEN, I get on the Interstate driving to work and there was a HUGE accident the night before, and they have shut down COMPLETELY about 2 miles of the Interstate. We were redirected off the Interstate and had to take some back alley detour around to get back on the Interstate on the other side of the crash. Now, I am 45 minutes late. 

Then, I walk in and my boss's assistant gives me a look and says, "Well, Good Morning." But she said it with an attitude, like "Nice of you to join us today." Which, sucks, because my boss is on a business trip to Canada this week, and I am sure that her assistant will be telling her that I was 45 minutes late to work. EErrrrgghh. 

Now, for the real killer of the morning. I have told you all before, that I am an editor/writer for a well-known cattle magazine. Well, last month there was an intern from another department that wrote a press release. I wrote an introductory paragraph, then added the rest of her press release to a feature story we printed in the magazine. I did NOT attribute anyone, because I didn't know who to give the byline to. Well, someone else in my department saw that I started the file, saw that I wrote some of it, so they put my name in the byline. I NEVER saw the story again until the magazine was printed. The intern from the other department complained to my boss, now I am the one in trouble for this MISTAKE. I have to give HER an apology and state that it was MY fault and I should have been the one to proof the layout. ERRRGGHHH... 

I guess that wreck that caused havoc this morning should have been my signal to stay at home in bed today. 

But I will quit my complaining and get back to work now. Stories I can actually call my own won't get written unless I write them. :(

1 comment:

Mandy said...

oh Toshie! Me and Hunter are very sorry you are having a rough morning! We miss you and love you and hope that the rest of your day goes better!!