Monday, June 8, 2009

Just when everything's looking up...

You get turned upside down!!! 

Since December I have been "working" from home. I edit and write stories for magazine I used to work for. It's called freelance. The only problem was for one of the editor's I was working for, she took the "free" part of freelance to heart. By the time I finally got some money out of her, they are now caught up for summer... because they are having smaller books they don't have as much editorial pages to fill. (The evil downfall of the economy has struck again.) 

With not as much editorial work to do, I have been trying to focus on photography. It's been really great! Well, actually, it's been really slow. But, what jobs I do get has been great!! Two weddings so far, an Easter pictorial of the twins, and I have lined out some senior portraits for later this summer. 

I've also been booked to work at one of the cattle association's junior nationals this summer. It will be one week, but it will pay fair and I will be really busy! 

She has also asked me to do three stories ... by THURSDAY!!!

But, on top of that all--- I took a job as a photographer in a portrait studio located in our Target. Training will start sometime this week, after my drug test passes through the system!

That's right folks! I had to go pee in a cup! But, I didn't really do too hot!! I barely got any in the cup. Most fell down my hand, then ran up my arm!!! GROSS!!! The woman was like, "Honey, you barely covered the line!!" 

I've heard you have to pee in a cup a lot when you get pregnant and go in for check-ups. 

Wonderful!


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like you have lots to keep you busy. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, after you find out you're pregnant you get to pee in a cup literally EVERY time you go.

Don't worry, after the first few times you'll be a pro; take my word for it! (People are going to think I'm nuts! lol)